John’s First Missionary Journey
Download and Print John’s February Mission Trip
My first trip was a tremendous encouragement and blessing in three ways:
1. MNA – My first trip showed me the great respect and love PCA churches and members have for MNA. I received my first shirts a few days before my trip, and the Logo alone put pastors and church staff at ease. I saw a joyful willingness in others to have the opportunity to share the message of Sheds of Hope.
2. Church Reception – Churches that I visited along the way want more information and are excited be on the list for helping to provide Sheds of Hope in the event of a disaster within their Disaster Zone.
3. Sense of Call – I was deeply humbled and encouraged as I met with pastors and friends along the way. I felt your prayers, and with each stop I was emboldened to share about the work of Sheds of Hope. More than once, God put me in the right place at the right time. What a joy to see the delight in people’s faces as they caught the vision for helping others in times of disaster.
- Many contacts were established along the way
- 3 Sheds were built on this trip (One of the sheds is being donated to a family whose trailer burned the week after the church had built the shed. They sought to train their people to be ready to build a shed after a disaster, and the Lord already had a place for it.)
- 20 People were trained and will be able to build a Shed of Hope for their Disaster Zone
- 9 Churches want to help build Sheds of Hope for their Disaster Zone when they are called upon
- Building a Sheds of Hope storage shed at Bethel PCA
- Disaster Response Workshop April 17-18
- Follow-up with churches from first mission trip
- Planning for second mission trip
One Time Gifts or Monthly Support can be given online through the secure website of MNA then
- Click on “MNA Disaster Response – Sheds of Hope (Browne)” and
- Press “Continue.”